I am a little obsessed with Survivor. (I’m watching Season 7 as I type.) It’s a great show, with some very motivating qualities. Here are some reasons why it’s great:
- It’s an adventure for all its participants.
- You get to see people lose a lot of weight, which is something I would love to do Survivor for!
- It’s very educational, showing ways to survive on your own.
- It’s a real life chess game.
- It’s exciting during challenges.
- You get to see the interactions of strangers becoming a tribe.
- The beautiful landscapes.
- It’s inspiring to persevere through the hard and mundane tasks I do in my life.
- It’s inspiring period…I want an adventure of my own!
p.s.- I wrote and typed this last night, then fell asleep before I published it…
I’m pumped about my goals. I guess that’s what focusing does.
Today, I decided to do something I haven’t done in probably 10 or 15 years…I rollerbladed!
It started out very shaky. I couldn’t put on the skates without rolling out of my seat. Then, I was faced with a steep mini hill before I could get onto the paved bike course. I stood at the top of the hill unsure. Should I do this even though injury is very likely? Should I take off my skates and go home?
I decided to take the plunge. It was exhilarating. Scary, yes. Not easy, true. But rewarding–and after a couple minutes, it actually got fun!
Taking the plunge into your goals is the best thing you can do each day. How can you take the plunge into your own adventure?
Photo courtesy of Wildblackhair