*Or how I stayed up all night to do work I didn’t do during the day.
On occasion, I get inspired to pull an all-nighter to get my to-do’s done. I was never the kid who did this in school (except for that once to finish a law class project), but nonetheless, I sometimes do…to feel productive.
Productive, I will be tonight. Here are my tips for staying awake:
- do not sit or lay down in bed–no matter how reassured you feel that you aren’t tired
- sip caffeinated tea, with stevia to sweeten and awaken
- lights are your friend–use them abundantly
- sit in uncomfortable seats and move around often
- have work lined up to do so there isn’t a down moment
- do not sit on a couch–no matter how reassured you feel that you aren’t tired
- put upbeat music or the tv on in the background
- dance to Electric Slide every 30 minutes
- do not sit down on the floor with your dog–no matter how reassured you feel that you aren’t tired
- call or text a friend–different time zones are your best bet here…
- if doing a boring task, take a 5 minute break every 20 minutes–do not spend the 5 minutes in a comfortable seat!